10th Annual and Regional Scripps Spelling Bee
Now is the time for your school to register and make the commitment to be a participant in our Suburban Cook County ISC Scripps Spelling Bees. Please see the flyer below for enrollment information with Scripps.
The South Cook Intermediate Service Center and ComEd are in a joint partnership in sponsoring our 10th Annual and Regional Scripps Spelling Bees on behalf of the Intermediate Service Centers (ISCs): North Cook, South Cook and West 40.
Each district can only send “ONE” winner to our 10th Annual Scripps Spelling Bee. To register your student finalist, please go to the South Cook ISC webpage at www.s-cook.org and locate the heading "Parent/Community." At the bottom of this section, you will find the link “Spelling Bee.” Please select the DISTRICT WINNER REGISTRATION FORM for either North Cook, South Cook, or West 40. At the bottom of this registration form, you need to check “I’m not a rebot,” prior to submission.
The student winner and spelling bee coordinator will receive a written confirmation notice electronically, once all information has been received and processed.
Important Dates, Times, and Locations:
- Complete all local bees prior to January 20, 2020
- Registration for all student spelling bee finalists is from 6:00-6:45 p.m. with the bee to begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- North Cook ISC 10th Annual Scripps Spelling Bee: February 4, 2020 (snow date February 11, 2020). The event will be held at The Joseph Sears School, SD 38, located at 542 Abbotsford Road in Kenilworth
- South Cook ISC 10th Annual Scripps Spelling Bee: February 5, 2020 (snow date February 6, 2020). The event will be held at Southland College Preparatory Charter High School (District Central Office), SD 162, located at 4601 Sauk Trail in Richton Park.
- West 40 ISC 10th Annual Scripps Spelling Bee: February 3, 2020 (snow date February 19, 2020). The event will be held at McClure Jr. High School, SD 101, located at 4225 Wolf Road in Western Springs.
- Regional 10th ISC Scripps Championship Bee: For our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from the Annual North Cook, South Cook and West 40 ISC events - February 20, 2020 (snow date February 24, 2020). The event will be held at McClure Jr. High School, SD 101, located at 4225 Wolf Road in Western Springs.
- Scripps National Spelling Bee in DC: Bee week is Sunday, May 20 through Friday, May 24, 2020.
If further information is desired, please contact Margot Fennelly at email@example.com.