PERA Evaluation Training
The Performance Evaluation Reform Act (PERA) created law that identifies required training for Teacher and Principal Evaluators. There are TWO components that an individual must meet in order to be qualified to evaluate:
1. INITIAL EVALUATOR TRAINING
North Cook ISC offers a two-day Administrator Academy (AA2001) that replaces the Growth Through Learning online training modules. Please check our list of events under Professional Learning/Administrator Academies for upcoming dates for AA 2001.
Until the State develops a new Administrator Academy for Principal Evaluator Training, individuals who will be required to evaluate principals must take two Administrator Academies (AA 1865 and also AA 3001 or 3002). All are offered at North Cook ISC. Please check our list of events under Professional Learning/Administrator Academies.
FY20 GRANT FUNDS AVAILABLE
North Cook ISC has received a grant to cover the cost of Teacher and Principal Performance Evaluation Training in FY20. These funds are reserved for administrators that are currently or will be employed by a public school or district within the North Cook ISC region and meet any of the following criteria:
Any person who will need to be prequalified for the upcoming school year in order to perform their duties of evaluation of principals, assistant principals or teachers
Any person who is enrolled in a principal preparation program and must complete the training in order to complete their program
Any person who has been identified as a potential teacher leader either in this upcoming school year or in the future
Any person who will be involved in peer evaluation or peer observations - PEAC has issued a Guidance Document on Peer Observations and/or Evaluations on their website at https://www.isbe.net/documents/13-17-pe-teacher-eval.pdf
Please follow these steps to register and request grant funds:
- Select the date you wish to attend the required Administrator Academy for TEACHER EVALUATOR training or PRINCIPAL EVALUATOR training at the North Cook ISC in Des Plaines. To see a list of all Administrator Academies, click HERE.
- Register and pay for the Academy using a district credit card. Grant funds may only be used to reimburse government entities, not individuals; therefore, a personal credit card may not be used.
- Fill out and submit the form below to request grant money.
- After you attend the required Administrator Academy and successfully complete all Academy requirements, your district will be notified of a refund if grant money is still available.
NOTE: Applying for grant money does not guarantee that you are automatically eligible for a refund. Our grant funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified staff only.
2. RETRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHER AND PRINCIPAL EVALUATORS (see below)