PERA Evaluation Training
The Performance Evaluation Reform Act (PERA) created law that identifies required training for Teacher and Principal Evaluators. There are TWO components that an individual must meet in order to be qualified to evaluate:
1. INITIAL EVALUATOR TRAINING
North Cook ISC now offers a two-day Administrator Academy (AA2001) that replaces the Growth Through Learning online training modules. This two-day Academy will be offered in March and again in June and July. Please check our list of events under Professional Learning/Administrator Academies.
Until the State develops a new Administrator Academy for Principal Evaluator Training, individuals who will be required to evaluate principals next year should take two Administrator Academies (AA 1865 and also AA 3001 or 3002). All are offered here at North Cook ISC this spring and summer. Please check our list of events under Professional Learning/Administrator Academies.
GRANT FUNDS AVAILABLE - We have limited grant funds available to cover the cost for Teacher and Principal Performance Evaluation Training. However, these funds are reserved for NEW HIRE ADMINISTRATORS that are currently or will be employed by a public school or district within the North Cook ISC region and will be required to evaluate TEACHERS or evaluate PRINCIPALS in the 2019-2020 school year.
Please follow these steps to register and request grant funds:
- Select the date you wish to attend your required Administrator Academy at North Cook ISC in Des Plaines.
- Register and pay for the Academy.
- Fill out and submit the form below to request grant money.
- After you attend your required Academy and successfully complete all requirements, you will be notified of a refund if grant funds are still available.
NOTE: Applying for grant money DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you are automatically eligible for a refund. Our grant funds are very limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified staff.
2. RETRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHER AND PRINCIPAL EVALUATORS (see below)